Not too far from the Birmingham Botanical Gardens is a dining establishment that radiates warmth and hospitality. Run by two brothers this family-owned Spanish restaurant is a true hidden gem located at 8 Chad Square, Hawthorne Road.
We ordered four starters which would allow us to share.
- Warm goats cheese served with salad leaves and honey mustard oil. (GF)
- Fried whitebaits with paprika aioli, (GF)
- King prawns with chillies and garlic lobster bisque
- Fishcakes with pea puree and horseradish roulade
It all looked delicious and I have it on good authority that the fish cakes were ’cooked to perfection’.
However, my personal favourite was the whitebait. A dish that I have never tried before but will definitely be having in the future.
If we thought we had had a hard task narrowing down our starters we didn’t realise how much thought would go into deciding on our mains. As we perused the menu there was a lot of excitement around the table as each of us declared several options to be the possible ‘one’
The order contained four mains, two sides of vegetables and a side of chips.
Butterfly breaded chicken breast, grilled tomato and chorizo salsa was my chosen dish. And oh wow, what a delectable dish it was, packed full of flavours and cooked perfectly.
- Duroc suckling pork belly with cider applesauce
- Lamb shank with parsnip puree and a rioja glaze
- Grilled swordfish with salsa verde
Don Diego, Vuelvo enseguida!